SNSF Research Assistant (http://p3.snf.ch/Project-162963)
Fiscalité, Local Politics, and Social Control in Late Antique Egypt. The Case of the Pagarchy
- September 2014– PhD program in Philosophy in the field of Ancient History at the University of Basel (Switzerland)
- Oktober 2010–September 2013 MA program in Ancient History and Classical Studies, Papyrology and Epigraphy at the University of Vienna (Austria)
- Oktober 2007–September 2010 BA program in Classics (Ancient History, Greek Philology, Latin Philology Classical Archaeology) at Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg (Germany)
- Januar 2016– research assistant for the project “Change and Continuities from a Christian to a Muslim Society – Egypt from the 6th to the 8th Centuries” (PI: Sabine R. Huebner) funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation SNSF
- August 2014– pre-doctoral academic assistant at the Chair of Ancient History at the University of Basel
- March 2012–July 2014 research assistant for the project “Police Authorities in Late Antique Egypt” (PI: Sven Tost) connected to the Research Network “Imperium and Officium. Comparative Studies in Ancient Bureaucracy and Officialdom” funded by the Austrian Science Fund FWF
Research Visits and Fellowships
- March–May 2016 three-months research visit to the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World at New York University (United States), supported by the Freiwillige Akademische Gesellschaft Basel FAG
- January–July 2013 six-months research visit to the Département des Sciences historiques and the Département des Sciences de l’Antiquité at the University of Liège (Belgium), supported by the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science, and research OeAD
- since Oktober 2014 assistants’ representative in the council of the Department of Ancient Civilizations at the University of Basel; member of the curricular commission of the Department of History
- June 2011–July 2014 student representative for the Department of Ancient History at the University of Vienna; involvement in the student representation of doctoral studies and in the council of the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies; student representative in the Habilitationskommission and the Board of Gender Studies at the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies
- several tutorships and student assistancies
- state and society in Ptolemaic and Late Antique Egypt
- history and culture of the Hellenistic world
- the Late Roman Republic and the "Augustan Revolution"
- cultural and political identity construction in ancient societies
- cross-cultural contact and interchange in antiquity
- „Drei neue ptolemäische Papyri und das Amtsarchiv des Demetrios“: Bulletin of the American Association of Papyrologists (BASP) 53 (2016) 17–51.
- „Welche Gefängnisse kontrolliert der Pagarch?“, in: T. Derda/A. Łaijtar/J. Urbanik (eds.), Proceedings of the 27th International Congress of Papyrology, Warsaw 29 July–3 August 2013 (Warsaw 2016) 1843–1870.
- „Der Pagarch und die Organisation des öffentlichen Sicherheitswesens im byzantinischen Ägypten“: Tyche 30 (2015) 119–144.
- „Einblicke in die ptolemäische Verwaltungspraxis. Nochmals BGU VI 1242 und BGU VI 1311“: Archiv für Papyrusforschung und verwandte Gebiete (APF) 59/1 (2013) 62–94.
- Association Internationale de Papyrologues / International Association of Papyrologists (AIP)
- Schweizerische Vereinigung für Altertumswissenschaft / Association Suisse pour l’Étude de l’Antiquité (SVAW/ASEA)
- Freiwillige Akademische Gesellschaft Basel (FAG)
- HELLAS-Vereinigung Basel